Thursday, August 1, 2013

And It All Began

My name is Sheri and I am addicted to yarn! When I was young, I watched my mom and my grandmother create the most amazing things from yarn. A favorite was this doll my mom would make when we had birthday parties to attend. The exact patterns she used then are here now!  Free Vintage Crochet.

Stitch by stitch, frog by frog, I watched as they created. Grandma gave me a hook and some yarn and taught me how to do a chain stitch. She might have taught me a bit more but that was what I took away. Mom taught me how to do a single crochet and I vaguely remembered that.  I was probably around 9 or 10 years old. Albeit dormant for 30 years, a seed was planted. When it decided to take root two years ago...let's just say all yarn broke loose!

Hmmm...what is it? A dish towel perhaps, a miniature doll blanket, bumpy burp cloth...no matter what it looks like, what it is, is the beginning. This is where the addiction began. I went from using a chain and single crochet to a double crochet. Nothing more than scarves and blankets requiring no patterns was good enough for me...until it wasn't. Oh Boy!
It took a while to overcome the fear of following a pattern, trying to decipher the secret codes of crocheting! DC, HDC, back loop, post, space....it might as well have been written in Greek! However, there is SO MUCH information available out there to help you overcome the silliest of fears. AND it's free, thanks to the World Wide Web. 
Soon my scarves were getting a bit more interesting.

And with the help of awesome bloggers like Sarah from Repeat Crafter Me my projects started getting more fun and creative!

It wasn't long before I jumped in with both feet and started to venture into my own creations.

Here I am now, two years later starting a blog! Why? Because I want to share what I have found, what I have learned, awesome sites, videos and projects! I have recently ventured into turning my experiments into actual patterns...this too I want to share! So stay tuned, who know where this little adventure is going to lead.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews